Thursday, August 19, 2010

Motherhood and School Season

So, summer's almost over. How did yours go? Since we are currently on a tight budget because we're not yet done paying off our car, we just took the kids to places where we don't have to spend much. We took them to Redondo Beach and Griffith Park so they can explore nature and enjoy the summer without breaking the bank. My kids are all about being a family and having some quantity and quality time. And I do cherish these moments where their attention is solely on us(their parents). I know time will come when they will explore life on their own and not want to be tied down with mundane stuff like going to the park and enjoy the simple things in life. I dunno if I can handle that one. I'm not yet ready to think about it but time flies so fast.

And I also have my surgery to think about. I have a cyst in my throat that could be cancer so the doctor suggested surgery. When the results came and the doctor told me it could be cancer, I wasn't able to eat the whole day. My mind was racing. I told myself, "Oh God, why me?" I can't imagine that inspite of my best efforts of being a mom, why does my life have to be cut short when my children are only toddlers? I know how hard it is to not have a mom around growing up bec. I lost mine when I was a child. It was a slow & painful death for my mom. I don't want my children to go through life without a mom. Moreso, in school season like these ones, who will help them sort out their stuff? So I pray for a miracle and good health bec. I'm only in my early thirties & I've yet to start living for myself. I've been a stay at home mom for the past 5 years. And I still want to do more & be more so having a deadly disease is not my cup of tea. I am now working part time and I usually work from home so I can spend more time with my children.

That's why I'm now committed to getting the best care possible & take care of myself more. Gone were the days where I used to be sleepless a lot due to the nature of my job. I was working with a band and we usually do shows in different bars. I can't do that kind of stuff anymore. Although the pay is good but my children comes first now. I eat healthy too. I am a fan of Greek salad & salmon & tuna. Fish has been a staple now here in our household. I might even try those V8 Fusions bec. it already has vegetables & fruits in them for moms on the go.

And so, September is here and though my children are just toddlers, I'm an empty nester and I hate it. But at least they still get to go home in the afternoons. I dunno how I'd feel if this is college! Just hoping & praying for the best for them. Another option I'm considering for them is homeschool so I can be with them more. I'm excited and happy that we get to spend more time. Whatever happens!

I'm so excited though coz Thanksgiving and Christmas is just around the corner. This is one of our favorite holidays - Christmas! Of course, due to Santa's gifts.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment